ealth Handbook

The Cattle Health Handbook

1st Edition, Kindle Edition
386
English
1603420908
9781603420907
11 Mar
In this practical guide, Heather Smith Thomas provides easy-to-execute solutions for a variety of common medical situations that can afflict your animals, including bacterial diseases, parasites, and nutritional deficiencies.

Reviews (106)

COLORO FARMS

Excellent book for any cattle rancher! The author, Heather Smith Thomas, has walked the walk and raised more than 6000 calves since 1967. A rancher herself Ms Thomas has produced a very practical and easy to read health handbook for raising cattle. Jammed packed with excellent illustrations, drawings and medical reference footnotes--this has to be the best cattle-health handbook on the market! My book is so worn and a little manure covered I'm purchasing a new one and the return on investment will be worth the hard cash outlay. My cattle are my children and it was so rewarding to find an author that feels the same way. Well written book and superbly published. Forget the other handbooks, I've read most of them--then a cattleman loaned me this book and I was amazed, gratefull and hooked! The sun will fade the cover and manure will stain the pages but your cattle will know they are loved and well cared for, not to mention the financial payback from reduced vet bills and your own stress! Thank you Amazon and please send Ms Thomas my kind regards and gratitude.

Prime rib

Awesome, helpful, well put together. Been ranching for YEARS and still learned tons from this book. Buy it!

Gives a lot of main information you needs about your herd

Great book to help with finding basic solutions to some cow issues and have an idea of health issues. It also gives advice for a healthy environment and diet for herds.

New to raising cattle

Gathering Notes is the easy part and the most important things (that I consider Important) I email to my dad. Being new to raising cattle, and living in a humid environment, is hard to keep up with every thing that is in the soil. Though the family started to own cattle about three years ago my parents are just have accepted the fact that the environment here on east Texas is very different than the hot-dry from their small town in Mexico. This book provides us with understanding and new methods besides only going to the vet. Looking forward to buying Essential Guide to Calving!

Cattle Bible at our house.

This thing has everything. LOVE IT!!!

I like to look through it to keep things in the ...

A must have if your wanting to get into cattle.We reference to it often when something seems off and not sure what it is.I like to look through it to keep things in the front of my brain. Vets are expensive and don't want to call ours unless I have to!

Very informative

This book is amazing! It's so informative and there are some medical terms but it is written very well to where you can understand it. I'm a newbie to the cattle industry and I feel like just from skimming through this book I already know alot more than I did before!

cattle raising

Excelllent book for the more advanced cattle owner and breeder. Fills the gap between "intro tomes" and textbooks with sufficient veterinary information that allows intelligent decisions when to call for help and what to do in their absence. Truly wish I had this book when we first started. Recommend highly to new and experienced operators.

Related Books

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here's mine